Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Trails to Us All

When I started blogging on The Storyteller’s Inkpot last February I felt as though I were entering a brave new world. I can do this, I assured myself, even though I’ve never blogged before. Blog posts are spare, just like picture books. Blog posts should relate to writing. Doesn’t everything? Look, a rock. Rocks are hard. Writing is hard. See? It’s all related.


I jotted down ideas, wrote practice posts, found a friend to pre-read my posts to see if they made sense to anyone besides me. Now, twenty-some posts and various comments later, I’m ready to sign off for the coming semester. But I’ve been surprised at how much I’ve learned from posting and how much I’ve enjoyed the connection with you all. I’ll miss it.


So thanks to all who have read and commented on posts. Thanks to all who have read and not commented. (I’m a non-commenter most of the time myself.) And thanks to all who haven’t read but care passionately about children’s writing and literature.


We’re all in this together.

7 comments:

  1. Such great wisdom and reminders, Phyllis! We'll miss the "Phyllisness," you bring to each post. We're all in this together, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Phyllis! I've enjoyed your posts, though I often fall in the non-commenter category.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyllis, I will miss your posts, too. Thanks for wisdom about writing, plants, language, and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed. Your love of nature always inspires me to look outside and enjoy. Phyllisness, is that on the Hamline vocab list?

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! "Phyllisness" should appear on the list, Claire! Good thinking! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll miss your posts, too. I hope you'll take up commenting.

    ReplyDelete