Friday, September 6, 2013

Photo Friday (Dead Author division)

Photos today courtesy of MarshaQ:

I confess to making author pilgrimages. Am I alone in this? Suspect not. And no pilgrimage is complete without a trek to the author's grave site. The first author pilgrimage I ever made was to Mankato, Minnesota and it involved a visit Glenwood Cemetery so I could pay my respects here:


The next was to Concord, MA--a town that should be visited by every American writer. The cemetery there, Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, is wonderful. I visited to pay my respects here:


and ended roaming about for quite some time. If you've been there, you know. If you haven't, take a look.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this is a wonderful cemetery. I know that Gary has taken students there. It's amazing to see all those great writers resting side by side or nearby, as if they are still talking about books and writing and great ideas in the beyond.

    ReplyDelete